As we all know that kids have lots of tantrums when they sit for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Children up to age 14 years remain in the growing phase of their life, and hence, they need proper diet plan. Healthy diet for kids include protein, fiber, fat and all other nutritional foods that strengthen their bones, increase their immunity and make them stronger and powerful in their future life. If you find that your kids are not having proper food, then you must consult a pediatrician and get a diet chart for the kids.
For a healthy growth and development, kids require a variety of nutrients. Parents must prepare a list of healthy foods to ensure a healthy & balanced diet for their kids. Nutrients actually help the body to function properly and nutritional requirements of the kids depend on their age, height, weight and activity levels. Nutrients are basically divided into two groups.
a) Macronutrients– Protein, carbohydrates and fats
b) Micronutrients – Different minerals and vitamins
You have to balance both the macronutrients and micronutrients to ensure that your kids get the desired amount of food and stay healthy and fresh.
- Protein rich diet includes eggs, beans, peas, poultry, seafood, lean meat, beans, soy products, seeds and unsalted nuts.
- Always encourage your child to have fresh fruits and give them fresh fruit juice rather than canned juice. Canned juice comes with added sugar and it adds more calories to your kids’ calorific intake.
- You should prefer green, leafy and fresh vegetables for your kids to fulfill their iron requirements.
- You must also include quinoa, whole wheat brown bread, brown rice; popcorn and oatmeal in the diet plan of your kids
- Dairy products are must item for kids for strong bones. It includes milk, curd, cheese and fortified soy beverage.
- Make your child eat dried fruits and a variety of vegetables
- Ensure that your kids keep themselves hydrated all the time. Apart from water, your kids should also drink different types of healthy 100% juices without added sugars to keep themselves fit and healthy.
Super foods for Kids
- Flaxseed, almonds and walnuts are super foods for kids because they include essential fatty acids and vitamin E that help in brain development.
- Tofu is another super food packed with protein, vitamins, calcium and iron; these nutrients are essential for proper bone growth and health
- Chicken soup is a super food as it is nutritious and healthy. Prepare chicken soup by adding pepper and vegetables to it and serve it to your kids.
- Sweet Potatoes are rich in vitamin A that keeps the eyes of the kids healthy and perfect. Kids love the sweetness of the sweet potato and you can cook delicious food stuff with this food.
The above are the examples of some of the super foods that include the nutritional requirements of children. As parents, you should take good care of your kids and their eating habits to ensure their healthy & bright future. Kids may sometimes be allergic to some foods and therefore, it is very important for you to consult a doctor and then take appropriate steps to lead a healthy life.