Dr Deepthi Nandan Reddy A
Dr Deepthi Nandan Reddy A
Book an Appointment
Sr. Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Deepthi Nandan Reddy is a Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Continental Institute of Orthopaedics, Spine and Joint Reconstruction. In his illustrious career of over 20 years, he gained unparalleled expertise in Orthopaedic surgery in general, with special interest in the fields of shoulder, elbow and hand surgery which he is very passionate about.
Dr. D N Reddy did his masters in Orthopaedics at Osmania Medical College in Hyderabad and later went for higher surgical training to the UK. He successfully completed a structured six years of extensive training in all aspects of orthopaedic surgery including hip and knee joint replacements, fracture management, pediatric orthopaedics, orthopaedic oncology, foot &ankle surgery, spine surgery, hand surgery and shoulder surgery and obtained the certification of completion of training in the UK.
He later super specialized in the fields of shoulder, elbow and the hand surgery for a period of nearly 2 years and had the opportunity to work in at some very prestigious and world renowned hand surgery unit (Pulvertaft Hand Surgery Unit, Derby, UK). The fellowship training (recognized by the royal college of surgeons) was in shoulder and elbow surgery at Northern General Hospital in Sheffield and University Hospitals of Coventry in UK. He was a visiting fellow (awarded by the British shoulder and elbow society) to the Mayo Clinic Rochester and Florida Orthopaedic Hospital, in USA. He trained with some of the of the world authorities in elbow surgery and hand surgery.
He later was appointed as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at university hospitals of Leicester, UK with special interest in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery, aposition he held for two years before returning to Hyderabad.
Dr. D N Reddy is one of the few distinguished orthopaedic surgeons in India, who completed formal training in India and UK and one of the very few surgeons who completed a comprehensive fellowship training in the fields of shoulder, elbow and hand surgery. He has been an invited speaker at various meetings in India and has been a faculty in various international, national level conferences and has lectured on various aspects of shoulder, elbow and hand surgeries to practicing Orthopaedic surgeons. He also has published in international journals on Orthopaedic related subjects and has written chapters in text book of Orthopaedics and text book of Elbow surgery. He has been a faculty and trainer for shoulder and elbow joint replacements and arthroscopy of the wrist and shoulder.
- MBBS, University of Mysore, India
- MS (Orthopedics), Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- FRCSEd in General Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- MScin Orthopedic Engineering,Cardiff University, UK
- Higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopedics, East Midlands
- South rotation, specialist training program, UK.
- FRCS Trauma and Orthopedics from Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Certificate of Completion of training in Trauma in Orthopedics, UK
- Advanced fellowship training in Shoulder, Elbow and Hand surgery, UK
- Travelling fellowship to Mayo clinic, Rochester and Florida Orthopedic Institute, USA
Areas Of Interest
- Shoulder arthroscopy: Stabilization for recurrent dislocations, rotator cuff repair, biceps tenodesis, SLAP repair ACJ excisions and decompression.
- Shoulder reconstruction procedures: AC joint reconstruction, Cuff repair, Laterjet procedure.
- Shoulder replacements: Resurfacing, total shoulder and reverse shoulder replacements
- Elbow joint replacement: Primary and revision for failed procedures Elbow arthroscopy
- Tennis elbow surgery/Cubital tunnel surgery, Elbow Ligament reconstructions
- Wrist arthroscopy, TFCC surgery, Ligament reconstructions Wrist and Hand surgery: Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis deformity correction, Carpal tunnel release, Trigger finger, Dupuytren’s release.
- Small joint reconstruction and replacements in the hand
- Fracture fixations/reconstruction of shoulder, arm, elbow and wrist.
Ms(Ortho), M.Sc (Ortho Eng), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Ortho &Tr, UK), CCT(UK)