Institute of Transfusion Medicine & Immunohematology
Department of Transfusion Medicine & Immunohematology specialises in the collection, testing and transfusion of blood and blood components in highly safe, sterile and accurate methods.
Team of doctors in this department:
Technology at Institute of Transfusion Medicine & Immunohematology
TRANSFUSION MEDICINE: D-10 Haemoglobin testing system BIORAD is used for the measurement of Hb-A1c, Hb -A2, Hb-F & other common haemoglobinopathies as Hb-S, Hb-C, Hb-D & Hb-E. High Performance Liquid Chromatography methodology provides superior precision & chromatographic analysis. Time as less as 3 minutes of for Hb-A1c & 6.5 minutes is taken for the analysis of Hb -A2, Hb-F, Hb-S, Hb-C, Hb-D & Hb-E.
ID SAXO for semi automated blood grouping and cross matching.
Roche E411 for 4th generation viral screening has a through put of 86 tests/hour. It is a self contained bench top analyzer comprising an analytical unit and a customized user interface. PROCLEIX by Novartis is the only fully automated, integrated Nucleic Acid Testing platform for blood screening. With TIGRIS, all the steps of nucleic acid testing are automated, from sample extraction to results reporting. The flexibility of the PROCLEIX TIGRIS System offers increased laboratory efficiency through process controls, safety, and minimal hands-on time.
Diamed Techno TWIN is a high throughput test station for automated blood grouping and cross matching. Cobas Modular 6000 Series: Routine chemistry + Immunoassay" carries out Immunoassay testing using high sensitive ECL technology. High quality results are obtained by ensuring sample and result integrity. The equipment supplies an innovative spectrum of tests on a standardized, automated platform. The test throughput of Cobas 6000 analyzer series ranges from 170 up to 2170 test per hour.
- Integrated Validation Station
- Automatic validation according to user setting
- Comprehensive Delta check flagging
- Possible to input manual differentials including abnormal cells
- Automatic Sample Re-run
- A second analysis is performed immediately and automatically by the Pentra XL 80. This is dependent on the sample rerun criteria established by the user.
- CDR (Customized Dilution ratio)
- Samples that are beyond the linear range of the instrument are automatically detected, diluted and re-run for extended linearity results. 3 different dilution ratios are available.
- Micro Sampling
- Only 30 uL in CBS or 53 uL in CBC + DIFF with ABX patented MDSS technology (Multi Distribution Sampling System)
- Haemostasis and Coagulation Testing
- The STA Compact is a fully automated, bench top, Homeostasis' analyzer for clotting, chromogenic and immunological assays using random access mode.
- Designed for mid-volume throughput laboratories, the STA Compact® is suitable for use in routine and specialty Haemostasis testing.
- Capable of testing esoteric menu like bleeding and thrombophilic disorders.
- Microbiology & Serology
- Automated Bacterial culture system
- Bac T/ALERT delivers results in half of the time required by conventional sterility test methods, reducing TAT.
- Lowest false positive rate and detect most rapid organisms to any other system with greater accuracy
- Automated bacterial identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing system Histopathology
- Advanced Histopathology division with Leica instruments for tissue processing, embedding, sectioning and automated immunohistochemistry stainiers from ventana XT (From Roche).